TrafMeter key features:
- Unlimited number of filters for captured traffic,
defining network packets which are used for
- Creation of rulesets for various monitoring purposes.
The rulesets can be used for single hosts, subnets, as well as
specific groups of hosts - i.e. all hosts in/not in your LAN,
specific IP protocols (ICMP,TCP,UDP,OSPF,etc).
- Real-time presentation of traffic activity via
graphical charts. Each filter is represented by a unique color,
which allows the webmaster and/or administrator to easily 'see' the
Internet connection usage of individual users.
- Traffic Report generation via XML.
- Recording Traffic Counters into the many common
databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, MySQL and
- Tracking network packets for the different filters,
letting you analyze and comment on the monitored traffic which may
include MAC addresses from Ethernet headers and the ToS field from
- HTTP Host Header Logging
- Creating unlimited number of user accounts and
assigning to specific user the permission for remote viewing of
- User authentication by TrafMeter native
authentication or by Windows domain authentication: counting the
traffic by usernames (solves problems with counting the traffic in
DHCP-based network and spoofing IP- or MAC- addresses by the
- Extracting and processing unencrypted VPN
- Packet filtering firewall with stateful
- Traffic shaper (AKA Speed Control)
- Built-in NAT engine
- Built-in forwarding DNS Server
- Built-in DHCP Server
- URL Filtering: allows to block web-sites by URL
address. Creating a blacklists or whitelists of web-sites.
- Built-in Cisco Netflow Collector v.5. This allows to
count traffic from Netflow-enabled devices (for example, Cisco
routers, Linux or Freebsd boxes)
- Running as Windows Services on Windows
2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Seven (both 32-bit and 64-bit