HOWTO: Creating an OLE DB Connection String for
Microsoft SQL Server
Before creating OLE DB Connection String, it is highly
recommended to have existed Microsoft SQL database for
- Start the UDL Wizard:
- Right-click your desktop and select New, and then
- Rename the new text document as My.udl. Press
- You will receive a warning about renaming the file
extension. Click yes. Note that the file's icon now looks like a
computer with a datasheet in the background.
- Next, double-click My.udl and use the Wizard as
- Click the Provider tab.
- From the Providers menu, select Microsoft OLE DB
Provider for SQL Server, and then click Next to proceed to the
- On the Connections tab:
- Type your server name or browse to the server you
want to connect to.
- Enter information to log on to the server
- Select the database on the server
- Click "Test Connection" to be sure that you've got no
- Click OK, which will close the Wizard.
- Move My.udl from the desktop to a proper folder, for
example C:\Program Files\TrafMeter